The analysis SEO is a constant of any expert web positioning. We must have an analytical vision and review the main metrics routinely in SEO. Position fluctuations can dramatically lower your traffic in a short time and solving it in time will help you prevent these drops and increase your qualitative traffic.
To facilitate this work of analyzing organic positioning data, there are several tools on the market, some free and others paid, and here I am going to recommend my 15 favourite SEO analysis tools to help you conquer Google rankings.
10 Marketing Tools To Improve Your SEO
We complete the trio of fundamental tools for Google SEO analysis with Google Analytics. Practically all brands that have a website use it, but it has so much information that sometimes it is not easy to know what metrics to focus on.
My recommendation is that you do not stop checking the metrics related to the user response :
Bounce rate: one of the indicators most taken into account by Google to measure the quality of a website.
Average session duration: the longer users stay on the site, the better it will speak of its quality.
Recurring visits: Another positive sign for Google is repeated visits since they indicate that you are able to maintain the interest of users.
Google Search Console
Search Console is a totally essential Google tool in SEO analysis, since it allows you to control a lot of aspects of your positioning, accurately measure the performance and traffic of your website and, above all, detect and correct problems before you suppose a penalty.
Among its most relevant features, the following stand out:
- Detailed data on search results performance, from the keywords that users have come to your website to device-separated impression information.
- URL Inspection: a tool that allows you to go through all the URLs in your domain to index new pages faster, reindex when you have made changes to a page and quickly review errors.
- Coverage analysis: pages with errors, valid with warnings, valid and excluded.
- Ability to upload your updated sitemap to make sure Google tracks you correctly.
- Mobile usability review and AMP pages.
Google Page Speed Insights
Another essential tool from Google, in this case, focused on giving data on the performance of web pages and suggestions for improving them. These are its three main functionalities:
- Speed score: information about the page load speed and classification in three categories (fast, slow and normal).
- Optimization Score: A score from 0 to 100 that assesses how well Google’s best performance practices are followed. The results are divided into good (80 points or more), medium (60 to 79 points) and low (59 points or less).
- Optimization Tips: A list of best practices that could be applied to the analyzed page to improve results.
Although originally intended for SEM (hence its name), Semrush also has a lot to offer in terms of SEO positioning.
In particular, this SEO analysis tool stands out when it comes to analyzing the competition. You can use it to find out how many organic visits your competitors have, level of paid traffic, inbound links and even the keywords they are using.
Ahrefs offers a series of SEO positioning tools aimed at increasing search traffic, researching the competition and monitoring your niche. It offers the analysis of the competition, keywords, links, content, search positioning and web monitoring.
It is not a free tool, but instead offers benefits such as 24-hour support Monday through Friday, private Facebook group, SEO learning materials, and frequent updates with new features. In addition, it has a 7-day free trial so you can assess whether it is the right solution for you.
Moz Site Crawl
This marketing tool is totally focused on detecting and repairing SEO errors. Its main functionalities are:
- Fast-tracking of large websites.
- Track new and recurring issues.
- Charts with categories of errors, new errors and total errors.
- Explanation of the impact of each error and ways to solve it.
- Ability to ignore errors or mark them resolved.
- Weekly automatic review to always be aware of problems that appear.
Screaming Frog is a very interesting resource if you are looking to optimize SEO on-page. Just enter the URL of your blog or website to get a lot of interesting information:
- How to optimize titles and descriptions: analysis of the number of words and duplicate content.
- The number of internal inbound links: the internal links of a website are very important for the authority to be well distributed. Here you can see if you are doing a balanced cast or if there are pages that you need to reinforce.
- The number of outgoing links: Here you can see which pages have the most outgoing links and which the least.
- Broken links: warning of possible broken links, both internal and external, so that you can repair them quickly and do not affect your positioning.
Similarweb is a market intelligence solution with lots of different marketing tools. Its SEO analysis functionalities help you increase your organic traffic by increasing your presence in each keyword and creating more effective content since it identifies the keywords that are trending and the most viewed content of each site.
One of the great challenges of SEO is to find the right keywords. And here, Ubersuggest can be of great help.
How this marketing tool works is very simple: enter a relevant keyword for your company in the search engine and it will show you a lot of combination suggestions and related synonyms. In addition, you can see the cost per click, the competition and the search volume of the generated keywords.
Keyword Density Analysis Tool
A very simple SEO analysis tool that can be used to analyze our own site or that of a competitor. After entering a URL, you provide us with the following information:
- A total number of words on the page.
- A number of words with links.
- Number of words without links.
- The number of “empty words”, that is, words that search engines do not take into account but that is necessary for a text to be readable.