If you have a business with physical locations, local SEO is an essential tool. Let’s see what this technique consists of and how to get the most out of it.
What is Local SEO?
The local SEO is to optimize your presence on search engines to get more visitors to physical locations . Thus, you will be able to direct potential clients to your business when they make searches related to their environment, for example, “mobile repair near me”.
The importance of local SEO has been increasing in recent years, as it is closely related to voice searches . In general, these types of searches are more specific, long tail, and more related to the user’s location.
Techniques To Improve Local SEO
Register Your Business In Google My Business
Google My Business is a Google service for companies that allows you to create a free profile with information about your business, including its different locations. For best results, take note of these tips:
- Provide complete and accurate information about your business, as this helps it to be considered relevant for different searches.
- Add your updated hours so potential clients know when you open.
- Include the most relevant keywords in the company description (without falling into the keyword stuffing).
- Check the locations of the locations with Google My Business so they can be displayed in search results.
- Add photos to the cards to make them more attractive and informative.
- Incentivize customers to leave you positive reviews on Google, as this improves local positioning.
The local SEO should be considered from the phase of keyword research . Include keywords related to your location and more conversational terms in your list to respond to voice searches.
Local SEO On Page
When planning and creating the content of your page, don’t forget to take local SEO into account. These guidelines will help you to better position your website in local searches :
- It includes the conversational keywords that we mentioned in the previous section.
- Be sure to include the name of your business and your locality in the page title, URL, and meta descriptions.
- Remember that local searches are usually from mobile phones , so you need your website to be perfectly adapted to these devices.
- Include the phone in a prominent place so that users can call you and ask questions before approaching.
Local SEO On Page
To finish, we can also reinforce our local positioning through the off-page strategy, seeking to generate inbound links that are linked to our locality.
We have to take into account that if an inbound link comes from a website or a medium from your own community, the authority for local SEO will be greater than if you are linked by a general media or from another area.
So the recommendation is to proactively search for these links and sign up for local business directories.