In a context dominated by technology and automation, proactivity and resilience have become two inevitable characteristics of survival. Digitization in companies is no longer an option to become an obligation.
And even more so with the year 2020, in which we were forced to give up our presence, and many digitization projects were accelerated, helping to give impetus to companies that had already started to follow this path.
Digital transformation can be defined as an inevitable process of change that all companies must implement to survive in this new environment. A transformation requires a reformist strategic plan whose central axis must be technology but, above all, workers.
The pandemic has had (and will continue to have in the coming months) a significant impact on the way we work and communicate. That’s why companies are starting to adopt solutions that allow them to manage ‘remotely’ everything related to HR procedures and the Administration Department.
Table of Contents
Companies Must Carry Out This Reform Process That Will Have An Impact On Three Main Axes:
- Better understand the customer lifecycle: segmentation, behavior, likes, needs, etc.
- Define and deploy a unique customer interaction space to create new revenue, attraction, or retention.
- They must be improved: reduce the time elapsed from when the customer requests the service or product until delivery.
- Develop and increase skills and team commitment to achieve efficiency, optimization, and customer satisfaction.
- They must be guided to globalize, integrate and adapt their physical products and services to the digital environment.
- Increase analytical capacity to have real-time information.
Therefore, digitization is an organization’s challenge for an exogenous cause: the customer.
What Does It Take To Start Digitizing Your Business?
The Guide For This Adaptation Process Involves Six Main Steps:
Analyze The Situation
- It is necessary to understand where the organization is to decide where it wants to go.
- Study strengths and weaknesses. Figure out what you’re doing wrong and what you’re doing well, and once you have everything clear, set some tangible goals.
- Study current processes, methods, and actions carefully.
- Think about human capital because the weight of the company falls on it.
Understand The Customer
- Any company that wants to go digital must start by understanding its customer.
- The focus of attention must be placed on the customer because he is the reason for improvement.
- What is the need that you are responding to?
- What do you like or hate most?
- What are you looking for?
What Is The Customer’s Relationship With Technology
- You have to know the customer’s needs and their relationship with technology to implement the changes that will be useful or timely.
Develop An Action Plan
- Once the goals are established, and you understand the client’s needs, it’s time to define which direction you want to go.
- It is necessary to determine and specify the course of action.
- Commit yourself from the beginning to progress step by step (with effort and perseverance) until you reach your ultimate goal.
- Based on the idea that team spirit is vital to complete this process, forming a qualified team to implement or lead each phase is essential.
- The company must have qualified personnel in this area to be successful.
- The company will have to resort to external agents if it does not have the ideal profiles.
Implement The Necessary Measures
- Once the company has established the following parameters, it is time to turn to the appropriate and necessary technologies.
- It is necessary to bear in mind that the process can be time-consuming.
- It is vital to do it and know how to do it.
- At this point, each component of the company must be formed around the technology that will come into play. It is absurd to enter the digital age without mastering the technology itself.
How To Calculate The Costs Of Digitizing The Business Versus The Benefits It Will Bring?
Digitizing is not about giving every employee a tablet and an Internet connection. Digitizing is investing in hardware and software and requires a substantial investment in staff training.
Furthermore, reality tells us that the main obstacle any organization will eventually face is non-investment and denial of the current system.
Five Reasons To Invest In Technology
Digitization And ROI
- Investing in technology means a return on investment.
- Digitizing means greater efficiency, improved processes, and lower operating expenses.
- In addition, it improves the quality of life of employees.
Digital Increases Performance
- The new business models are based on specialization. Hence the importance of investing in training and learning.
- This progress translates into each worker giving the best of himself and increasing productivity.
Improve Each Process
- Technological implementation increases efficiency, favors customer service, and consolidates the brand image.
- Technological improvements imply improving the production chain and, therefore, offering better products and services under better conditions.
- It is the best way to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
It’s Not A Matter Of Size
- Many still think that this is only for the big brands. Nothing could be further from reality.
- This transformation is the perfect occasion for SMEs to have the excellent opportunity to carry out their change and broaden their focus. And so, grow.