Before starting, let’s start with the definition of Conversational Commerce. This term, coined in 2021, identifies the intersection between messaging apps and purchases, for which the consumer interacts with the brand through chats or voice technology. We know that over 80% of the time spent on mobile devices engages the user in the chat. This means over 4 billion monthly users are active in the major messaging apps. Users are increasingly using a familiar tool to contact companies and brands. Companies for which they must adapt to these new tools, implementing new procedures to respond to the growing demand for direct contact in real-time.
The possibility for brands is exciting to get to know their customer thoroughly, intercept new requests or problems in advance, and find new niches.
At This Point, How Can You Apply A Conversational Commerce Strategy To Your Company?
It would help if you first chose the communication tool to use to establish an interview with the customer:
- Meta Messenger: a valid device that can be easily implemented and configured on the company website.
- All registered users in Meta can use it, so the diffusion is very high.
- No license or activation fees.
- It also uses a form to program autoresponder and chatbot functions.
- WhatsApp Business: this tool is also easily configurable for use on the site, there is no official implementation, but there are various possibilities to use developed by other companies. Recent news says a paid version with additional features will be released, let’s see in the next few months.
- Various other chat programs: LiveChat, PureChat, Gist, Tidio, JivoChat, and many others, allow you to implement performance and dedicated software for your site, to be carefully evaluated individually based on your business use.
How To Best Use The Chat On Your Site?
Surely to answer customer questions, if they arrive, it means that they are evaluating your product or service. Collecting this information is essential to understand any communication errors with the users of your site. If they ask you for information, it means that perhaps you have not explained the characteristics of your offer well on your pages. If you find a constant in the questions asked via chat, you could also start training a future artificial intelligence to use it in your next chatbot. Find the best leverage to finalize the sale in chat, and offer exclusive offers and dedicated discounts to customers who chat with you.
Be Careful In Integrating The Chat Into The Site
- Location: Be careful that chat is not an obstacle to reading (especially on smartphones).
- Appearance: Make sure that the chat matches the shapes and colors of the rest of the site.
- Hours/Usage: Remember to configure the days and times when the chat is active, compatible with the working hours.
The Chats Are Also On Social Networks
Meta Business Suite allows you to manage all the communications of your Facebook page and your Instagram profile, direct messages, and social emails from a single panel, so don’t forget to oversee this critical area. This also means taking care of company profiles, completeness of the information, and constant updates. Remember that many users search and choose what to buy on social networks today. Taking care of the company profile is no longer an option. It is an obligation!