iPaaS – Integration Platform as a Service – is a set of automated tools that connect software applications that are implemented in different environments. Generally, it is used by B2B companies that need to combine local data with information stored in the cloud and keep both synchronized. The main features of iPass are connectivity, integration and agility, among others.
But before detailing each of them and entering their peculiarities, it is important to know what types of companies need to have these tools. The response will be positive if the company:
- Betting on IaaS ( Infrastructure as a Service ) and SaaS ( Software as a Service ) cloud management systems.
- It seeks to connect information from on-premise applications and cloud2cloud.
- You have EAI ( Enterprise Application Integration ) installed, the application integration system older than the current iPaaS and you want to renew the platform.
What Are The Advantages Of IPaaS?
This set of tools meets all cloud-based data management needs. Its main feature is that it is fully scalable and allows real-time integrations with minimal interruption.
Its strong point is that it greatly simplifies the overall system of an organization, since being based on a virtual platform, iPaaS connects applications and resources to create a consistent structure. In addition, infrastructure maintenance and updates are carried out by the service provider.
Specifically, these are its main virtues :
- Connectivity: combines all current technological applications, in any of their formats (databases, text files, protocols …)
- Accessibility: includes a web interface accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Integration: unifies solutions and data that come from outside and inside the company, from virtual environments and from local environments.
- Agility in the implementation, without installation of new software or acquisition of servers.
- Lower costs compared to local integration systems.
- Versatility: support all kinds of integration pattern, users and data.
The 5 Main Features Of iPaaS
Also known as “cloud integration platforms,” iPaaS is used by companies to design all of their cloud services. Due to their availability and reliability, many companies are built on the services of these tools.
These are the main characteristics of a platform they are betting on:
- Leads information management functions: they record information and quickly integrate it into a CMS or automation platform.
- B2B data exchanges for secure data flows between partner networks – speeds up the process of onboarding customers and partners.
- Creation of data elaboration processes: they are reusable to supply information to analytical tools.
- Integration Products – Allow customers to manage direct data migration and synchronization tasks.
- Improving the efficiency of all processes: they take advantage of cloud technologies to streamline and better manage resources and lower costs.
All these contributions from iPaaS have an essential objective for companies: to break with a traditional business environment based on the isolation of applications and data to make way for a panorama characterized by the integration of new processes in real-time.
Also Read: Business Cloud: Reasons Why You Need iPaaS