Now is a good time to apply some of those techniques to optimize your organization’s data strategy. We are talking about local environments, but also the business cloud.
A recent study by Cisco ( Global Cloud Index ) shows that “by 2021, 94 per cent of workloads and computing instances will be processed by cloud data centres.” This is confirmation of business cloud hegemony over traditional data centres, which will reduce their processing load to a mere 6 per cent of all the organization’s data.
Your company will surely follow this same pattern. It won’t be long, but big changes are coming. These transformations will lead you, in the coming months, to adopt cloud applications, infrastructure and cloud platforms to scale quickly and efficiently and thus be able to support more workloads than with traditional solutions. It will be the most effective way to increase your ability to meet business demands.
From Business Cloud To iPaaS
With more and more services and applications going to the cloud, there is more data generated in multiple cloud environments than on-premise. And then, the question arises: how to manage and take advantage of this data without complicated maintenance and software updates? How can you deal with business problems quickly and make data a competitive advantage? The answer is iPaaS.
You already have the vast majority of business data in the cloud. Business cloud has been confirmed as the most beneficial environment for the management of your data and, now, if you want to simplify its administration, gain agility and consolidate the competitive advantage you have acquired, what your company needs is a complete iPaaS solution ( integration platform as a service).
No matter if the organization has prioritized a business cloud strategy in the first place, or has cautiously ventured into this environment, using a hybrid approach that balances investments in both cloud and on-premises environments, the iPaaS solution can help the company to meet its business challenges.
- Accelerating the journey to the cloud: By reducing the problems that most frequently arise when migrating to this environment, such as those of compatibility or lack of integration, providing simple and practical solutions, oriented to the user and their needs at each step of this journey.
- Solving multiple data management issues: Including data discovery, data integration, application integration, data quality, reference data management, and many others.
What Is Your iPaaS Solution?
The right decision when choosing an iPaaS solution can boost the benefits of your company’s business cloud strategy. This integration platform as a service will help you discover the data before building a data warehouse in the cloud; as well as to administer and govern reliable reference data; delivering expanded capabilities for data and application integration.
Specifically, there are some functionalities that can make an iPaaS solution stand out from the rest. Among them are the following, which you should take into account in your technological choice:
- Data cataloguing in the cloud: The built-in data integration capabilities of AI-powered data catalogue delivered by some platforms enable data assets to be discovered and inventoried in a multi-cloud environment.
- Reference 360: When working in a business cloud environment, it is essential to have the ability to centrally define, organize, manage and share reference data through a self-service and easy-to-use user interface.
- Data quality: Proper selection of iPaaS technology will allow you to create and apply data quality rules for cloud information integration, profiling, master data management, and data quality services. In this way, the business cloud strategy will gain in reliability. Even in multiple cloud environments.
- Expanded capabilities for cloud application integration, cloud data integration, improved connectivity, and expanded capabilities for multiple clouds. More requirements that should be among the selection criteria for the best integration platform.
Business cloud multiplies your possibilities for the company thanks to iPaaS, which allows you to make data a competitive sale without any of the challenges that arise in the cloud environment can not be overcome quickly and agile.
Integration as a service platform will simplify one of the issues that most companies are most concerned about today, and that will focus their attention in the years to come: how to manage and maximize the use of the information that is generated and arrives from the services and cloud applications.