While switching jobs, there are several documents such as an experience letter, relieving letter and so on that are required to be produced to the employee. One of such documents is an experience letter, also you can find relieving letter samples online. A current employee is seeking new job opportunities and a former employee who has already got a new job might ask the company to provide them with an experience letter. An experience letter is of high importance to the employee as well as the company. To the employee, it is kind of a certificate of all the achievements, accomplishments and completed projects that he has worked on in this company. It is of high importance to him as he is going to be judged on the basis of that in the new company that he is going to join. On the other hand, the company issuing the experience certificate is judged on the basis of how the company treats their employee, how is their HR policy and how do they acknowledge the hard work of their employees. Thus, it is an important document for the company as well as the employee.
What is a Company Experience Letter?
A company experience letter is kind of a certificate that an employee writes about the experiences, knowledge and skills he has gained while working in the particular company. It is a very important document for all the stated skills and accomplishments in the resume. The document needs to be signed by a higher management personnel who has got a chance to work with the employee directly. If the person who has been given the task to write the experience letter is not sure of some of the accomplishments mentioned by the employee or the person has never got a chance to work with the employee directly, then he must be informing the same to the employee as soon as possible. The person should also be able to give examples of the skills, knowledge and experiences that the employee has mentioned in the experience letter. Otherwise, the person should advise the employee to find another suitable person who can write an experience letter for them.
The company experience letter can also be known as a short recommendation letter. The things that should be included in an experience letter are as follows:
- The company letterhead should be on the top: As the experience letter is an official document and represents the company in front of the business world, a letterhead should always be used when available.
- The date of issuance of the company experience letter should be included: On the top right corner of the experience letter, the complete date needs to be mentioned. The format can be anything as chosen by the person writing the letter but the date, month as well as the year is to be mentioned.
- Salutation is the next step like any other letter: As we always know, a salutation is a polite way of starting the letter. If you know the person who is going to hire the employee then you can use “Dear Mr./ Mrs.” but if you are unknown to the person you can use “To whom it may concern”.
- The full name of the employee should be mentioned: It is the best way to avoid any kind of confusion that may arise at that time or in the coming future. Addressing a person by his full name is the safest and professional way of writing an official document.
- The designation or title of the employee also needs to be mentioned just below the name of the employee.
- The name of the company should be mentioned next.
- The period of employment of the employee should be included in the experience letter.
- Description of the work, skills and knowledge of the employee next: the most helpful would it be for you if the employee hands you the job description of the work he is going to join. You can customize the skills according to the job requirements and make the employee even more attractive to the recruiter.
- Any positive feedback regarding the employee that you want to give.
- Signature line is the last but not the least step of the experience letter as it is the most important part. Everything written above stands meaningless without the signature in the bottom. Hence, it should be included.