Painting your house’s walls is not a big task. In fact, it is considered as one of the easiest and most popular DIY. A new and fresh coat of paint will not only bring a difference in the atmosphere but also create an impact. If your walls are staring at you with flaking and faded paint, be sure that it’s the time to renovate. But before you start, make sure that you are well prepared. Follow the simple steps if you want to paint your interior walls like a pro.
- The first and initial step that one must do is to choose an appropriate color for your walls. If you’re unsure about the color, use a white paper to paint the color you want. Then stick it to the wall and stand back and decide. The selection of paint completely depends on your choice and in which interior you want to renovate.
- Once the color has been decided, it’s time to get started with the process. Cover all the furniture and flooring with sheets to avoid the mess.
- Try making a shopping list. The list should include paint, brush, roller, sandpaper, primer, filler, masking tape, and goggles. You can buy them online and use designer paint voucher code to avail discounts and offers on the products.
- Before you start, use the sandpaper to get a smooth, professional finish wall. There shouldn’t be any flaking paints, holes, or bumps in the wall. The surface should be well-prepared.
- Now it’s time to clean the wall thoroughly so that there is no dust or dust left. Use sugar soap in a bucket of water and a sponge to achieve this process.
- Let it dry. Once it is dried up, use the masking tape to cover all the switches, sockets and skirting boards. You can also put the tape along the edges if you are planning to paint the ceiling in a different color.
- Apply a layer of primer before you start painting. If the wall is already having a darker shade of color, try giving a two-layer of primer. Primers can be costly, but you can buy them at a cheaper rate by using the Dulux offers.
- Once you are done with the primer, it’s time to start painting the wall. Use a roller and check on the direction in which you are applying the paint. Apply two coats of it and let it dry.
- When the paint has completely dried out, slowly remove the tapes. Clean your brushes and roller.
Follow these simple steps to paint your walls and become a pro overnight.