The Cloud, Definition Of A Revolution In Uses
Cloud computing consists of operating remote servers accessible online and the applications installed on its servers. Concretely, it is for the company to use storage solutions without owning them via a monthly or annual subscription payment. The company can place all or part of its data in the cloud: it becomes available anywhere and at any time, provided it has an Internet connection. Cloud computing is part of a more significant computer revolution known as dematerialization. Rather than exploiting data and solutions on an organization’s digital infrastructure, therefore internally, we outsource it.
The execution of applications such as data storage is provided remotely with a cloud operator. Your employees carry out their professional tasks by connecting to remote servers using a web browser. For the user, the work is the same except for some slight differences in the display of the content. All dematerialized content is concerned: documents, spreadsheets, photos, videos, presentations, databases, calendars, notes, etc. The service provider providing the cloud solution is responsible for ensuring the maintenance, security, and availability of the data, making it shareable and synchronized between the various access points.
An example? The Microsoft Office 365 office and application suite and the one drive storage space are professionals’ services. The new tools of cloud solutions make it possible to adapt quickly. The needs of VSEs and SMEs are satisfied in the same way. The advantages of the cloud, whose technologies are very advanced, make it possible to scale up the IT capacities of SMEs at a lower cost. It is also possible that your company is already using the cloud without even knowing it! This is the case if your employees use Skype for video conferences or Outlook for email… These are cloud solutions.
What Is The Interest Of The Cloud For SMEs?
- Cloud migration offers many advantages. The cloud provides access to large storage capacities at a low cost without developing an expensive internal infrastructure. Indeed, the shadow in SMEs allows the disappearance of on-call and maintenance costs. It is up to the cloud operator to ensure the proper functioning of the servers and the availability of the data. This puts small businesses on an equal footing with large structures… Especially since the costs adapt to the workload and are smoothed via the subscription model.
- The company can benefit from advanced IT tools such as office suites, messaging services, business intelligence tools without installing them on workstations. The operator takes care of updating solutions and systems, solves problems with scaling your storage space, and guarantees a high level of security. All IT-related issues are automatically resolved, and you can always access the SME cloud hotline. Since these online services are always equipped with the latest version, purchasing and installing updates are no longer necessary.
- Both your solutions and your data have a maximum level of accessibility. The cloud makes all information instantly accessible and, therefore, facilitates the daily management of management teams on the administrative and financial levels. It is possible to add or remove users at will in a few clicks and set up different levels of access depending on the position occupied.
- By connecting all of its terminals (fixed or wireless) to remote servers, the company offers absolute mobility to its employees: they can read and modify documents on the move and organize meetings with common agendas.
- The advantages for an SME are also financial and structural. The cloud also contributes to improving the productivity and efficiency of the company thanks to the synchronized sharing of information and documents, making possible other modes of an organization such as teleworking or collaborative work. The operation and management of the infrastructure, especially storage, is significantly reduced. The method of operation of the cloud has the advantage of automatically increasing your capacities in the event of great activity or if a new project will require the use of a more significant number of documents. These advantages make the cloud a real growth lever for SMEs.