Instagram is a Free application to share photos, users who use it can apply photographic effects such as filters, frames and retro and vintage colours and share the photos on different social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr.
|Site type||Free application to share photos on different social networks|
|Creator||Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger|
|Launched||October 6, 2010|
Table of Contents
History Of Instagram
This network has its history began in San Francisco focusing the efforts of Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in a project of photography for mobile. The product was released on the Apple App Store on October 6, 2010.
Curious is the origin of the name of this network, being the combination of two concepts that are at the heart of it: snapshots ( photographs ) and telegrams (written).
After several updates on their meagre two years of operation, and the release of version [Android] in April of 2012 the acquisition of the company was announced by Facebook.
In December of 2010 Instagram was already a million registered users in March 2012, announced that it had reached 27 million registered users and from there took the leap to reach 100 million users in September of 2012, just half a year later.
Characteristics Of Instagram
- Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger creators of Instagram
- Take square photos, similar to those taken by Kodak Instamatic cameras in the 1960s.
- The name Instagram comes from the “snapshot” photos taken with Polaroid cameras.
- It has eleven digital filters that allow photos to be transformed, improving the quality of the final product. It allows modifying colours, environment, borders and tones.
- You take the photograph, and you can share it in the services of your choice, such as Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.
- You can process and share photos that were already on your phone.
How To Use The Instagram Application
When you enter the Instagram application, the initial screen opens. This initial screen has five buttons, which have the following functionality:
- Go to the main screen, or cover.
- View popular photos on Instagram.
- Use the camera.
- See the activity of the people you are following.
- Go to your app and account settings.
- Tap the middle button (the one on the camera) to take photos and start sharing moments.