It is designed to replace one or more fax machines with dedicated software/hardware that connects to other computer systems, such as email. A fax machine normally scans one or more sheets of paper and sends an image of those pages over the phone lines to another fax machine, which prints them.
In comparison, a fax server can often allow a user to send a fax directly from their regular office software and receive faxes in their email inbox. It allows you to automatically receive a fax and send it to the email addresses indicated in PDF format so that later, from any email reader, it can be read, printed or forwarded to whoever wishes.
Table of Contents
Functions Of Fax Server
Using a fax server, you can manage shared fax resources. This topic covers the possible tasks with a fax server, the required and optional features of a fax server, as well as the hardware and software required to run fax servers. It also explains how to install the Fax Server feature and how to open the Fax Server Manager to work with fax servers.
What Functions Does The Fax Server Do?
You can use a fax server to configure fax devices to allow network users to send and receive faxes. On a Windows Server® 2008 operating system computer, you must install the Fax Server feature, available in Server Manager, to create a fax server and install the Fax Service and Fax Service, Manager. Once you have created a fax server, you can use the server to do the following:
- Set up fax devices
- Manage users
- Configure routing policies for incoming faxes
- Set up rules for outgoing faxes to specific device groups
- Configure archiving of previously sent or received faxes
- Configure the registry to control the use of fax resources
- Fax users can then send, receive, and manage faxes using a network fax device managed by the fax server.
Characteristics Of Fax Server
- Fax from any program that uses Ms windows printers.
- Receive faxes to one or more mailboxes or directly to a printer on the network.
- Unlimited contacts agenda for all users or personalized for each one.
- The user sends a fax and receives confirmation or communication of the sending error in his email.
- When fax enters, it is received in a redistributable PDF format, in the assigned mail.
- It keeps records of all shipments and receptions, as well as the faxes themselves on the server.
Benefits Of Fax server
- Fewer manual tasks resulting in a reduction in labor costs
- Reduces the cost of sending faxes by up to 70%
- 90% reduction in the time required to send and receive faxes
- Send and receive faxes from any type of application
- Spend time on productive activities, not waiting next to the fax
- Explore electronic document delivery opportunities with a simple upgrade from all Esker Fax Server solutions to Esker DeliveryWare
Simplify IT infrastructure
- Reduce overhead, minimize costs, and ensure future scalability by consolidating your business fax needs with Esker Fax solutions
- Integration time is not necessary; connect and run the fax from your applications in hours instead of weeks
Reliability and solidity
- You will never experience fax losses with Esker Fax solutions. Track and retrieve your faxes.
- There are more than 80,000 Esker Fax solutions worldwide