What Is WoW Armory?
The WoW Armory is nothing but a searchable database of details for World of Warcraft. Since the WoW Classic Armory pulls its data from the actual game servers, it is the most complete database on the characters, arena teams, and guilds of World of Warcraft in existence.
Wow Classic Armory
If you are looking for the WoW Classic Armory? You’re out of luck, I’m fearful that there is no Armory available for WoW Classic, as it is like it wasn’t around in the original game 15 years ago. The only place the Armory is currently available is for the characters in modern World of Warcraft.
The Wow Armory was first put into effect in World of Warcraft way back in the Burning Crusade expansion. It’s target is to collect the game information about individual characters, guilds and displays them on their own profile page of the official website. You can find or look up to any character in World of Warcraft that is from level 10 or higher and you can view their achievements, item level, equipped gear, talents, and raid progression and you can even check out which mounts or pets they’ve collected.
So Why Is The Armory Not A Thing In WoW Classic?
Even though there is an advanced present technology to implement It, Blizzard has decided to preserve the feel of the original game than to change it or leave it out.
At present there is no Armory available, there is a chance and hope that it could be implemented in the near future, depending on how Blizzard decides to handle the development of Classic following the currently known content phases.
So, for the moment, if you want to check out a player’s gear, you’ll need to inspect them in-game or if you want to know their development, you’ll have to find out the old-fashioned way and ask them.
Finally A Good News: WoW Armory For The IPhone Released
Blizzard has recently released and made an official announcement related to WoW Armory client for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The application features has the ability for users to see a number of well connected things on their iPhone that they normally usually would be able to get in-game or by using the official armory site. Some of the main features include:
- PvP leaderboards
- Character information, including gear, achievements, specs and Talent calculators
- Official Blizzard news
- An integrated item browser
- In-game calendars
Now you can download the app from the WoW Armory page and also from the App store and the application is for free. This is only the second mobile application Blizzard has developed, the first one is named as mobile authenticator app.
Gallery: WoW Armory On The IPhone App | 5 Photos
Here are some first impressions of the app which was released:
- The Precise name of the application is “World of Warcraft Mobile Armory“. On iPhone if you have went and searched “WoW Armory” via the app store and it showed up as the last item in the search results.
- If you open the application for the first time, you are asked to log in then If you have a Battle.net enabled account, with an authenticator attached. You just have to enter the Battle.net login information and it was then automatically take you to the main screen. If you were not asked for my authenticator info. The app also allows you to save your login info for faster access in the future.
- The app requires version 2.2 or later of the iPhone OS. (Note there was some incorrect information here originally that we’ve since corrected.)
- The app provides the much better animations. When you like to move to a new page, the current page flips away, very much similar to a book page.
- You have a button to return to one of your characters immediately
You can bookmark other characters easily and you can view them quickly.
- Gear viewing and calendar viewing is very very advanced.
- Talent calculators are a little lethargic.
Also Read: PopSockets – Your Mobile Saving Accessory!